INTERNSHIPS/ Volunteer opportunities
Social Enrichment Center Internships are designed to give students hands on experience working with children with special needs. The interns are involved in all aspects of the program and are considered members of our staff. Most of the work will be administrative, but during every internship there will be direct work with children (2-21 years old) with special needs. Internships will include: assisting with planning, assisting with group sessions, and note taking/reporting for group and individual sessions. Interns are given an orientation and receive on- going training through observation and feedback.
What you get from an internship with SEC:
- Training in the SEC social skills curriculum.
- Supervised opportunity to lead groups of children in social activities.
- Feedback and teaching on technique and methods used.
- Training and observation on parent communications.
- Special Education
- Early Child Education
- Elementary Education
- Behavior Specialty
- Human Services
- 8–10 hours a week minimum
- Minimum of 3 months (most internships are a 3-6 month commitment)
If you are interested in an internship with SEC, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
*All internships are unpaid